If you find yourself getting a little hangry before lunch you may want to add more power to your breakfast. With my Banana Berry Acai Bowl you add a boost of antioxidants and energy to your morning routine. Check out the recipe below.
- 2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tablespoons acai powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter (I used almond)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk, nut or seed butter, and honey to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen-yogurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit, bee pollen, a drizzle of honey, and the optional toppings (if using)
Break out a spoon and enjoy this delicious morning acai bowl.