Have a sweet-tooth? Try these deliciously filling Blackberry Oatmeal Bars. Perfect for a pre-workout snack or a late night treat. These bars are only 97 calories per serving making them a great snack option. This recipe makes 16 bars.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance butter,
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon Stevia
- 2 cups blackberries, cut in half
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and heat to 375 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over two sides for handles.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Press mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan, and reserve a half cup.
- Scatter half of the blackberries over the crumble in pan. Sprinkle the cornstarch evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon of the granulated sugar.
- Add another layer of the remaining berries, then the remaining 1/2 tablespoon Stevia.
- Sprinkle the reserved mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping smells toasty and looks golden brown.
- Place the pan on a wire rack