Instead of celebrating with a traditional cake filled with high-calorie ingredients like flour, eggs and sugar try this low-calorie watermelon cake recipe. This recipe serves 12-16 and is only 80 calories per serving.
2 large seedless watermelons
4 cans full fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raw honey
1. Make sure to place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6
hours (overnight). This will cause the cream to separate from the milk. The
cream will be at the top of the can.
2. Open the can of coconut milk and scrape out the cream into a mediumsized
3. Add the vanilla and raw honey to the mixture. Whip the cream with a
hand mixer on medium speed and work your way up to high speed until
the cream is fluffy, about 5 minutes (it will not be as fluffy as dairy-whipped
cream). Place the bowl of whipped cream in the fridge until ready to use.
4. Remove the top and bottom from the watermelons and remove the rinds
from the middle section you should be left with cake-shaped pieces of
watermelon. You can cut one watermelon smaller than the other to make a
5. Pat the outside of the watermelon dry with paper towels (this is important
because it will help the coconut whipped cream adhere better).
6. Spread the coconut whipped cream around the watermelon cake.
7. Serve or store in the in the refrigerator until ready to serve.